What is TRON (TRX)?
Tronix (TRX) is a coin, initially launched on Ethereum Blockchain as an ERC-20 token. However, in June 2018 Tron foundation launched their own proprietary Blockchain that promised to have higher transaction speeds than Ethereum. The transaction speed of Tron in tests was 2000 Transactions per second (TPS) compared to Ethereum 25 TPS. The shifting from Ethereum blockchain to Tron blockchain was completed by burning 1 billion ERC-20 tokens (TRX). Tron is available on major exchanges such as Binance, OKEx, Huobi, Kucoin, Bittrex etc.
The purpose of TRX coin is to be a decentralized content distribution platform for the social media and digital entertainment industry. Some of the features of TRX includes the ability to upload, save and download images, audio, video, and characters. Tron can be considered as a next generation social media outlet where one can share the content with anyone on the internet and get paid in form of TRX coin. It empowers the user to manage, secure and distribute the content as and when required, thus enhancing the privacy.
Tron is the vision of Justin Sun, who is the founder and CEO of Tron foundation. He remained a chief representative of Ripple (XRP) in China. He is also the founder of “Peiwo” website with a registered user base of over 10 million. The live streaming app of “Peiwo” is fully integrated with Tron. Tron is headed to revolutionize the social media with its decentralization technology.
- Historical Data
- Coinbase executed MicroStrategy’s $425M Bitcoin purchase in September 2020Cointelegraph.com News - 15 minutes agoOne of the largest Bitcoin purchases in 2020 took more than five days to complete. Coinbase, the United States’ largest cryptocurrency exchange, announced that itfacilitated…
- Bitcoin suddenly crashes below $19K after all-time high sparks wild volatilityCointelegraph.com News - 19 minutes agoBTC price trims $1,600 in under two hours thanks to pressure from sellers near $20,000, while Ether also tanks below $600. Bitcoin (BTC) continued an…
- Russia’s Alfa-Bank offers blockchain platform for freelancersCointelegraph.com News - 54 minutes agoTutors, taxi drivers and repairmen will be able to take advantage of Alfa-Bank’s blockchain-based services. Alfa-Bank, one of the largest private commercial banks in Russia,…
- Ethereum 2.0 is go: Genesis block of beacon chain winks into existenceCointelegraph.com News - 1 hour agoEthereum’s proof-of-stake transition takes another step toward completion. After literally years in the making, the genesis block of the Ethereum 2.0 beacon chain has finally…
- Yearn’s merger with SushiSwap will be the most comprehensive to dateCointelegraph.com News - 1 hour agoYFI token holders will vote on some aspects of the integration. The flurry of Yearn.finance (YFI) “mergers” continues as the project announces the tightest DeFi…