What is TRON (TRX)?
Tronix (TRX) is a coin, initially launched on Ethereum Blockchain as an ERC-20 token. However, in June 2018 Tron foundation launched their own proprietary Blockchain that promised to have higher transaction speeds than Ethereum. The transaction speed of Tron in tests was 2000 Transactions per second (TPS) compared to Ethereum 25 TPS. The shifting from Ethereum blockchain to Tron blockchain was completed by burning 1 billion ERC-20 tokens (TRX). Tron is available on major exchanges such as Binance, OKEx, Huobi, Kucoin, Bittrex etc.
The purpose of TRX coin is to be a decentralized content distribution platform for the social media and digital entertainment industry. Some of the features of TRX includes the ability to upload, save and download images, audio, video, and characters. Tron can be considered as a next generation social media outlet where one can share the content with anyone on the internet and get paid in form of TRX coin. It empowers the user to manage, secure and distribute the content as and when required, thus enhancing the privacy.
Tron is the vision of Justin Sun, who is the founder and CEO of Tron foundation. He remained a chief representative of Ripple (XRP) in China. He is also the founder of “Peiwo” website with a registered user base of over 10 million. The live streaming app of “Peiwo” is fully integrated with Tron. Tron is headed to revolutionize the social media with its decentralization technology.
- Historical Data
- CipherTrace develops Monero-tracing tool to aid US DHS investigationsCointelegraph.com News - 15 minutes agoCryptocurrency intelligence firm CipherTrace claims a new tool can trace Monero transactions, but skepticism remains. Privacy and anonymity are the primary benefits of cryptocurrency, yet…
- How bot trading influences the crypto market, explainedCointelegraph.com News - 15 minutes agoTrading bots have become a major factor in the world of cryptocurrency, but are they potentially doing more harm than good? How to get involved?If…
- OPEC to cover blockchain tech in second workshop on energy and ITCointelegraph.com News - 35 minutes agoWill the oil cartel put black gold on the blockchain? The Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries has announced that its Second Workshop on Energy…
- Craig Wright files another libel suit against Roger Ver after 2019 failCointelegraph.com News - 1 hour agoCraig Wright and Roger Ver are finally in the same jurisdiction. Craig Wright, a self-proclaimed creator of Bitcoin (BTC), is reportedly continuing to file more…
- Wyoming's 'Crypto Cowboy' unsaddled in primaries by alt-right candidateCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoThe house Majority Whip fell as right wing factions sought to remove moderate Republicans from the party, but blockchain legislation is safe, says Tyler Lindholm.…