What is TRON (TRX)?
Tronix (TRX) is a coin, initially launched on Ethereum Blockchain as an ERC-20 token. However, in June 2018 Tron foundation launched their own proprietary Blockchain that promised to have higher transaction speeds than Ethereum. The transaction speed of Tron in tests was 2000 Transactions per second (TPS) compared to Ethereum 25 TPS. The shifting from Ethereum blockchain to Tron blockchain was completed by burning 1 billion ERC-20 tokens (TRX). Tron is available on major exchanges such as Binance, OKEx, Huobi, Kucoin, Bittrex etc.
The purpose of TRX coin is to be a decentralized content distribution platform for the social media and digital entertainment industry. Some of the features of TRX includes the ability to upload, save and download images, audio, video, and characters. Tron can be considered as a next generation social media outlet where one can share the content with anyone on the internet and get paid in form of TRX coin. It empowers the user to manage, secure and distribute the content as and when required, thus enhancing the privacy.
Tron is the vision of Justin Sun, who is the founder and CEO of Tron foundation. He remained a chief representative of Ripple (XRP) in China. He is also the founder of “Peiwo” website with a registered user base of over 10 million. The live streaming app of “Peiwo” is fully integrated with Tron. Tron is headed to revolutionize the social media with its decentralization technology.
- Historical Data
- Crypto on the casino floor? Las Vegas resort partners with GeminiCointelegraph.com News - 1 hour agoSome Las Vegas casinos have only been allowed to return to full capacity this week. A Las Vegas casino-resort which aims to open for business…
- Invictus Capital AUM reaches $112M as crypto adoption boomsCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoThe company’s Crypto20 index fund registered 221% growth quarter-over-quarter. Cryptocurrency asset manager Invictus Capital saw significant growth in assets under management during the first quarter,…
- Nokia announces blockchain-powered data marketplaceCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoNokia’s permissioned blockchain platform will reportedly allow trusted data exchange and monetization among client participants. Smartphone maker Nokia has announced the launch Nokia Data Marketplace…
- LTC price hits 13-month high against Bitcoin — All-time high next for Litecoin?Cointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoLitecoin continues to gain strength as traders' attention shifts to a broader altcoin market against Bitcoin's slowing uptrend. Litecoin (LTC) prices surged by up to…
- Nasdaq-listed insurer Metromile plans $10M Bitcoin purchaseCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoThe company will soon accept BTC payments for insurance premiums as part of a broader embrace of digital assets. Metromile Inc., a digital insurer headquartered…