What is TRON (TRX)?
Tronix (TRX) is a coin, initially launched on Ethereum Blockchain as an ERC-20 token. However, in June 2018 Tron foundation launched their own proprietary Blockchain that promised to have higher transaction speeds than Ethereum. The transaction speed of Tron in tests was 2000 Transactions per second (TPS) compared to Ethereum 25 TPS. The shifting from Ethereum blockchain to Tron blockchain was completed by burning 1 billion ERC-20 tokens (TRX). Tron is available on major exchanges such as Binance, OKEx, Huobi, Kucoin, Bittrex etc.
The purpose of TRX coin is to be a decentralized content distribution platform for the social media and digital entertainment industry. Some of the features of TRX includes the ability to upload, save and download images, audio, video, and characters. Tron can be considered as a next generation social media outlet where one can share the content with anyone on the internet and get paid in form of TRX coin. It empowers the user to manage, secure and distribute the content as and when required, thus enhancing the privacy.
Tron is the vision of Justin Sun, who is the founder and CEO of Tron foundation. He remained a chief representative of Ripple (XRP) in China. He is also the founder of “Peiwo” website with a registered user base of over 10 million. The live streaming app of “Peiwo” is fully integrated with Tron. Tron is headed to revolutionize the social media with its decentralization technology.
- Historical Data
- Finance Redefined: Ethereum exodus continues as Binance ‘helps,’ Feb 17–24.Cointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoBinance is flexing its muscles in a bid to promote BSC over Ethereum. The parabolic rise of the Binance Smart Chain has been all over…
- Blockchain soccer gaming startup Sorare raises $50MCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoSorare has raised $50 million in a Series A round, bringing its total funding to $60 million. Sorare, a major blockchain-based soccer gaming platform, has…
- Coinbase has held Bitcoin on its balance sheets since 2012Cointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoThe American exchange is offering services and advice to other private and publicly traded firms who want to hold digital assets in their treasuries. United…
- People who bought Bitcoin in 2017 becoming the strongest HODLers, new data showsCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoInvestors who began their Bitcoin journey three to five years ago have stronger hands than you might think. Bitcoin (BTC) may be worth almost three…
- What Bitcoin price levels will invalidate the short-term bearish scenario?Cointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoBitcoin struggling to break above $51,600 could trigger another big drop in BTC price. The price of Bitcoin (BTC) is continuing to range between $48,000…