What is TRON (TRX)?
Tronix (TRX) is a coin, initially launched on Ethereum Blockchain as an ERC-20 token. However, in June 2018 Tron foundation launched their own proprietary Blockchain that promised to have higher transaction speeds than Ethereum. The transaction speed of Tron in tests was 2000 Transactions per second (TPS) compared to Ethereum 25 TPS. The shifting from Ethereum blockchain to Tron blockchain was completed by burning 1 billion ERC-20 tokens (TRX). Tron is available on major exchanges such as Binance, OKEx, Huobi, Kucoin, Bittrex etc.
The purpose of TRX coin is to be a decentralized content distribution platform for the social media and digital entertainment industry. Some of the features of TRX includes the ability to upload, save and download images, audio, video, and characters. Tron can be considered as a next generation social media outlet where one can share the content with anyone on the internet and get paid in form of TRX coin. It empowers the user to manage, secure and distribute the content as and when required, thus enhancing the privacy.
Tron is the vision of Justin Sun, who is the founder and CEO of Tron foundation. He remained a chief representative of Ripple (XRP) in China. He is also the founder of “Peiwo” website with a registered user base of over 10 million. The live streaming app of “Peiwo” is fully integrated with Tron. Tron is headed to revolutionize the social media with its decentralization technology.
- Historical Data
- Crypto gaming and the monkey run: How we should build the future of GameFiCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoTokens cannot make a game — but they can break one. We can envision a clearer future for a sustainable and decentralized GameFi space. You’ve…
- How to incorporate a DAO and issue tokens to be ready to raise money from VCsCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoWhile DAOs can't precisely replace traditional VCs, they can potentially disrupt the crypto industry. What is a DAO?A DAO, or decentralized autonomous organization, is an…
- Web3, NFTs, Metaverse: The tools for a truly decentralized futureCointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoIf the crypto community can successfully decentralize the internet, “it’s a future really worth getting excited about,” said NFT3 founder Dylan Dewdney. Attendees to the…
- Bitcoin ends week 'on the edge' as S&P 500 officially enters bear marketCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoDown 20% from its latest peak, the S&P 500 now meets the definition of bear market territory in a warning sign for risk assets everywhere.…
- Needed: A massive education project to fight hacks and scamsCointelegraph.com News - 14 hours agoScams are shattering mainstream confidence in crypto, perhaps irreparably. A large-scale, coordinated education initiative can help ensure that they don’t. The common narrative around the…