What is TRON (TRX)?
Tronix (TRX) is a coin, initially launched on Ethereum Blockchain as an ERC-20 token. However, in June 2018 Tron foundation launched their own proprietary Blockchain that promised to have higher transaction speeds than Ethereum. The transaction speed of Tron in tests was 2000 Transactions per second (TPS) compared to Ethereum 25 TPS. The shifting from Ethereum blockchain to Tron blockchain was completed by burning 1 billion ERC-20 tokens (TRX). Tron is available on major exchanges such as Binance, OKEx, Huobi, Kucoin, Bittrex etc.
The purpose of TRX coin is to be a decentralized content distribution platform for the social media and digital entertainment industry. Some of the features of TRX includes the ability to upload, save and download images, audio, video, and characters. Tron can be considered as a next generation social media outlet where one can share the content with anyone on the internet and get paid in form of TRX coin. It empowers the user to manage, secure and distribute the content as and when required, thus enhancing the privacy.
Tron is the vision of Justin Sun, who is the founder and CEO of Tron foundation. He remained a chief representative of Ripple (XRP) in China. He is also the founder of “Peiwo” website with a registered user base of over 10 million. The live streaming app of “Peiwo” is fully integrated with Tron. Tron is headed to revolutionize the social media with its decentralization technology.
- Historical Data
- Taxpayers to avoid obligations by sending mining proceeds to IRAsCointelegraph.com News - 38 minutes agoThe IRS has considered crypto mining revenue as part of taxable income since 2014. North American mining and hosting firm Compass Mining is offering a…
- Bitcoin bulls control Friday's $1.7B monthly options expiryCointelegraph.com News - 1 hour agoBitcoin's surge above $40,000 boosted the bulls' advantage in this month's $1.7 billion options expiry. On Friday, July 30, a total of 42,850 Bitcoin (BTC)…
- IMF intends to 'ramp up' digital currency monitoringCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoThe fund will greatly expand to cover all aspects of digital currency while also working with related financial institutions. The International Monetary Fund, or IMF,…
- Altcoins pump while traders anticipate a lower support test from BitcoinCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoRUNE, QNT and PERP continue to gather strength even as analysts expect a lower support test for Bitcoin price. Bitcoin (BTC) bulls are locked in…
- Ethereum price can hit $14K if the March 2020 chart fractal holdsCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoOne trader spotted the fractal, which employs three classic technical indicators to predict an upside trend for Ethereum. Ethereum's native asset Ether (ETH) faces prospects…