What is Tezos (XTZ)?
Tezos is a self-amending decentralized blockchain platform that enables the formalization of smart contracts. By facilitating the formal verification of smart contracts it helps avoiding buggy code. Other than that, it is similar to the Ethereum blockchain, allowing creation and formalization of smart contracts. The platform creates governance rules that stakeholders within the network must abide with when verifying transactions. he key features of this platform is on-chain governance and self-amendment.
Tezos' network follows a different protocol method from the conventional blockchain. It is using a generic network shell focused on a modular strategy. The project is written in the OCaml programming language.
In terms of validating and signing of blocks, Tezos has adapted a delegated proof-of-stake consensus algorithm. In this staking method, stakeholders, known as bakers participate in Tezos' baking process. The backers are required to deposit some tokens and then get rewarded for signing blocks or punished for errant behavior. Punishment includes losing one's deposits
Tezos hopes to better its predecessors by giving stakeholders full control of the network hence enhancing decentralization. The network is the brain child of Arthur Breitman, a French mathematician and scientist and his wife Kathleen Breitman, who has a background in the financial sector.
- Historical Data
- Nifty News: Kevin Smith sells horror flick rights as NFT, Megadeth’s ETH, farming MEMEs ...Cointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoMEME NFT farming platform launches the new and improved v2, Megadeth NFT nets $18K, and Kevin Smith tokenizes the rights to “Killroy Was Here”. Filmmaker…
- Toddler hodler: 3-year-old Bitcoin educator interviews Michael SaylorCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoThree-year-old Lily Knight interviewed Michael Saylor on April 13 about his thoughts on Bitcoin and his plans for the future. Three year old Lily Knight,…
- South Korea's largest bank joins Hedera Governing CouncilCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoShinhan Bank plans to use Hedera’s infrastructure to bolster the efficiency of many of its internal processes. Shinhan Bank, South Korea’s largest financial institution by…
- Coinbase’s COIN stock reference price set at just $250, as 1,700 staff get free sharesCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoCoinbase’s reference price of $250, received ahead of the Nasdaq direct listing, values a “thank you” gift to all 1,700 full-time employees at $25,000. Major…
- Revealed: Top 4 user complaints about Signal's new crypto payments betaCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoSignal has published user feedback from its beta integration with Mobilecoin, which saw users complain about the volatility and transaction fees related to MOB. Privacy-focused…