What is Tezos (XTZ)?
Tezos is a self-amending decentralized blockchain platform that enables the formalization of smart contracts. By facilitating the formal verification of smart contracts it helps avoiding buggy code. Other than that, it is similar to the Ethereum blockchain, allowing creation and formalization of smart contracts. The platform creates governance rules that stakeholders within the network must abide with when verifying transactions. he key features of this platform is on-chain governance and self-amendment.
Tezos' network follows a different protocol method from the conventional blockchain. It is using a generic network shell focused on a modular strategy. The project is written in the OCaml programming language.
In terms of validating and signing of blocks, Tezos has adapted a delegated proof-of-stake consensus algorithm. In this staking method, stakeholders, known as bakers participate in Tezos' baking process. The backers are required to deposit some tokens and then get rewarded for signing blocks or punished for errant behavior. Punishment includes losing one's deposits
Tezos hopes to better its predecessors by giving stakeholders full control of the network hence enhancing decentralization. The network is the brain child of Arthur Breitman, a French mathematician and scientist and his wife Kathleen Breitman, who has a background in the financial sector.
- Historical Data
- Multiverse secures $15M investment from Samsung Next, leading blockchain VCsCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours ago“Ideas have value,” said Cliff Szu, co-founder of Multiverse Labs. “[O]ur overriding goal is to help people with great ideas to discover the true value…
- VORTECS™ Spotlight: Here’s why Telcoin’s (TEL) rebound eclipsed most altcoinsCointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoAs Bitcoin price reversed course, a key trading indicator flashed bullish hours before TEL embarked on a sharp 82% rally. Last week, as Bitcoin resurged…
- BIT Mining steps up Bitcoin mining operations in KazakhstanCointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoThe mining firm's expansion into Kazakhstan follows plans to introduce new energy fees for crypto miners starting in 2022. Crypto mining firm BIT Mining, which…
- Blockfolio rides off into the sunset, but it's a new dawn for FTX AppCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoFTX indicated that although the Blockfolio brand is being retired, this would not affect the services offered to users. The Blockfolio brand is no more:…
- Small-cap altcoins push higher as Bitcoin bulls fight to hold $40,000Cointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoLINA, WRX and STORJ led altcoins higher even as Bitcoin bulls encounter resistance at the $40,000 level. Bitcoin’s (BTC) recent surge above $40,000 injected a…