What is Tezos (XTZ)?
Tezos is a self-amending decentralized blockchain platform that enables the formalization of smart contracts. By facilitating the formal verification of smart contracts it helps avoiding buggy code. Other than that, it is similar to the Ethereum blockchain, allowing creation and formalization of smart contracts. The platform creates governance rules that stakeholders within the network must abide with when verifying transactions. he key features of this platform is on-chain governance and self-amendment.
Tezos' network follows a different protocol method from the conventional blockchain. It is using a generic network shell focused on a modular strategy. The project is written in the OCaml programming language.
In terms of validating and signing of blocks, Tezos has adapted a delegated proof-of-stake consensus algorithm. In this staking method, stakeholders, known as bakers participate in Tezos' baking process. The backers are required to deposit some tokens and then get rewarded for signing blocks or punished for errant behavior. Punishment includes losing one's deposits
Tezos hopes to better its predecessors by giving stakeholders full control of the network hence enhancing decentralization. The network is the brain child of Arthur Breitman, a French mathematician and scientist and his wife Kathleen Breitman, who has a background in the financial sector.
- Historical Data
- Crypto gaming and the monkey run: How we should build the future of GameFiCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoTokens cannot make a game — but they can break one. We can envision a clearer future for a sustainable and decentralized GameFi space. You’ve…
- How to incorporate a DAO and issue tokens to be ready to raise money from VCsCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoWhile DAOs can't precisely replace traditional VCs, they can potentially disrupt the crypto industry. What is a DAO?A DAO, or decentralized autonomous organization, is an…
- Web3, NFTs, Metaverse: The tools for a truly decentralized futureCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoIf the crypto community can successfully decentralize the internet, “it’s a future really worth getting excited about,” said NFT3 founder Dylan Dewdney. Attendees to the…
- Bitcoin ends week 'on the edge' as S&P 500 officially enters bear marketCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoDown 20% from its latest peak, the S&P 500 now meets the definition of bear market territory in a warning sign for risk assets everywhere.…
- Needed: A massive education project to fight hacks and scamsCointelegraph.com News - 14 hours agoScams are shattering mainstream confidence in crypto, perhaps irreparably. A large-scale, coordinated education initiative can help ensure that they don’t. The common narrative around the…