What is Tezos (XTZ)?
Tezos is a self-amending decentralized blockchain platform that enables the formalization of smart contracts. By facilitating the formal verification of smart contracts it helps avoiding buggy code. Other than that, it is similar to the Ethereum blockchain, allowing creation and formalization of smart contracts. The platform creates governance rules that stakeholders within the network must abide with when verifying transactions. he key features of this platform is on-chain governance and self-amendment.
Tezos’ network follows a different protocol method from the conventional blockchain. It is using a generic network shell focused on a modular strategy. The project is written in the OCaml programming language.
In terms of validating and signing of blocks, Tezos has adapted a delegated proof-of-stake consensus algorithm. In this staking method, stakeholders, known as bakers participate in Tezos’ baking process. The backers are required to deposit some tokens and then get rewarded for signing blocks or punished for errant behavior. Punishment includes losing one’s deposits
Tezos hopes to better its predecessors by giving stakeholders full control of the network hence enhancing decentralization. The network is the brain child of Arthur Breitman, a French mathematician and scientist and his wife Kathleen Breitman, who has a background in the financial sector.
- Historical Data
- Blockchain to Play Crucial Role in VR-Powered Social MediaCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoBlockchain and VR-powered social media platform Sensorium has joined the Global Blockchain Business Council. Virtual reality media platform, Sensorium, has announced its membership in the…
- Africa Is Experiencing a Crypto RenaissanceCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoCrypto adoption appears to be growing across the continent of Africa. Crypto adoption is making significant advances in Africa, with crypto ownership, trade volume, and…
- BTC Dreads Weekly Close, Satoshi Mystery, A Big Blunder: Hodler’s Digest, May 18–24Cointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoBitcoin faces a crucial weekly close, the mystery of coins moved for the first time in 11 years, and Times Square billboards call for the…
- China’s Congress Proposes Blockchain Development FundCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoNPC, China’s parliament suggests a government backed blockchain development fund to build a better governance system. National People’s Congress, China’s parliament and Chinese People’s Political…
- Bitcoin Price Drops to $8,840 — Key Metrics Signal BTC May Correct FurtherCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoAs the weekly close approaches, Bitcoin price dropped out of the ascending channel to $8,840, marking six consecutive lower highs since June 2019. Within the…