What is Tezos (XTZ)?
Tezos is a self-amending decentralized blockchain platform that enables the formalization of smart contracts. By facilitating the formal verification of smart contracts it helps avoiding buggy code. Other than that, it is similar to the Ethereum blockchain, allowing creation and formalization of smart contracts. The platform creates governance rules that stakeholders within the network must abide with when verifying transactions. he key features of this platform is on-chain governance and self-amendment.
Tezos’ network follows a different protocol method from the conventional blockchain. It is using a generic network shell focused on a modular strategy. The project is written in the OCaml programming language.
In terms of validating and signing of blocks, Tezos has adapted a delegated proof-of-stake consensus algorithm. In this staking method, stakeholders, known as bakers participate in Tezos’ baking process. The backers are required to deposit some tokens and then get rewarded for signing blocks or punished for errant behavior. Punishment includes losing one’s deposits
Tezos hopes to better its predecessors by giving stakeholders full control of the network hence enhancing decentralization. The network is the brain child of Arthur Breitman, a French mathematician and scientist and his wife Kathleen Breitman, who has a background in the financial sector.
- Historical Data
- $500M in crypto futures liquidated as Bitcoin dips below $34K: What happens next?Cointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoThe cryptocurrency market saw over $500 million worth of positions liquidated in the last 24 hours as Bitcoin slid below $34,000. Roughly $500 million worth…
- Institutional investors won't take Bitcoin mainstream — You willCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoReal-world applications and users, not institutional investors, will challenge the failing fiat currencies and increase Bitcoin adoption around the world. Similar to 2017 and the…
- Algorithmic asset experiments continue to entice traders & developersCointelegraph.com News - 17 hours agoOn the frontiers of algorithmic assets, trading isn’t the only activity that will raise your heartrate As the team behind Morph.Finance can attest, developing an…
- Traders say Bitcoin price ‘needed pullback’ to maintain bullish momentumCointelegraph.com News - 21 hours agoAnalysts say Bitcoin price needed to “slow down” in order to maintain the bullish momentum needed for the next leg up. Bitcoin’s parabolic increase well…
- BTC crash, DOT crushes XRP, man risks losing $262M: Hodler’s Digest, Jan. 10–16Cointelegraph.com News - 22 hours agoThe best (and worst) quotes, adoption and regulation highlights, leading coins, predictions and much more — one week on Cointelegraph in one link! Coming every…