What is Stellar (XLM)?
Stellar is a public blockchain platform that uses the Stellar consensus protocol (SCP). The node that finds next valid block is chosen by federated byzantine agreement. This makes the blockchain centralized permission based, as opposed to decentralized blockchains like Bitcoin or Ethereum. Stellar is a community driven open source project launched in November 2014 and written on C++. It is maintained and supervised by non-profit organisation Stellar.org.
Stellar is mainly used by Money transfer companies like Tempo, Eurochange and TransferTo and mobile financial services providers like Coins.ph.
- Historical Data
- $500M in crypto futures liquidated as Bitcoin dips below $34K: What happens next?Cointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoThe cryptocurrency market saw over $500 million worth of positions liquidated in the last 24 hours as Bitcoin slid below $34,000. Roughly $500 million worth…
- Institutional investors won't take Bitcoin mainstream — You willCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoReal-world applications and users, not institutional investors, will challenge the failing fiat currencies and increase Bitcoin adoption around the world. Similar to 2017 and the…
- Algorithmic asset experiments continue to entice traders & developersCointelegraph.com News - 17 hours agoOn the frontiers of algorithmic assets, trading isn’t the only activity that will raise your heartrate As the team behind Morph.Finance can attest, developing an…
- Traders say Bitcoin price ‘needed pullback’ to maintain bullish momentumCointelegraph.com News - 21 hours agoAnalysts say Bitcoin price needed to “slow down” in order to maintain the bullish momentum needed for the next leg up. Bitcoin’s parabolic increase well…
- BTC crash, DOT crushes XRP, man risks losing $262M: Hodler’s Digest, Jan. 10–16Cointelegraph.com News - 22 hours agoThe best (and worst) quotes, adoption and regulation highlights, leading coins, predictions and much more — one week on Cointelegraph in one link! Coming every…