What is Stellar (XLM)?
Stellar is a public blockchain platform that uses the Stellar consensus protocol (SCP). The node that finds next valid block is chosen by federated byzantine agreement. This makes the blockchain centralized permission based, as opposed to decentralized blockchains like Bitcoin or Ethereum. Stellar is a community driven open source project launched in November 2014 and written on C++. It is maintained and supervised by non-profit organisation Stellar.org.
Stellar is mainly used by Money transfer companies like Tempo, Eurochange and TransferTo and mobile financial services providers like Coins.ph.
- Historical Data
- New Huawei smartphone will feature a hardware wallet for digital yuanCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoThe Mate40 series will reportedly enable dual offline transactions and allow users to control anonymity. Huawei has announced that its forthcoming Mate40 smartphone series will…
- Bitcoin just 4 days away from historically bullish $10K price recordCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoIf Bitcoin can stay above $10,000 by the day of the U.S. elections, history suggests that $100,000 is next. Bitcoin (BTC) has spent nearly 100…
- Blockchain could become a part of the US military’s strategic weaponryCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoSIMBA Chain beat competitors such as Boeing by using blockchain to underpin a war games solution for the U.S. Department of Defense. One often hears…
- Bitcoin suddenly slides 4% as BofA predicts a 20% stock market crashCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoThe price of Bitcoin abruptly dropped 4% from the day’s peak as the uncertainty in the stock market intensified. The price of Bitcoin (BTC) abruptly…
- Nearly 24% of Ether held on exchanges — three times the percentage of BitcoinCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoOnly 8.1% of Bitcoin is held on exchanges compared to Ether where almost one-quarter of the supply sits on exchanges. Almost one-quarter of Ethereum’s (ETH)…