What is Stellar (XLM)?
Stellar is a public blockchain platform that uses the Stellar consensus protocol (SCP). The node that finds next valid block is chosen by federated byzantine agreement. This makes the blockchain centralized permission based, as opposed to decentralized blockchains like Bitcoin or Ethereum. Stellar is a community driven open source project launched in November 2014 and written on C++. It is maintained and supervised by non-profit organisation Stellar.org.
Stellar is mainly used by Money transfer companies like Tempo, Eurochange and TransferTo and mobile financial services providers like Coins.ph.
- Historical Data
- Bitcoin Price Above $11.5K as Key BTC Price Metric Suggests $12K RetestCointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoBitcoin recovered back above $11.5K, leading traders to suggest a renewed attack on $12K could occur soon. Today Bitcoin (BTC) price rebounded from its recent…
- Crypto Exchange Bitfinex Is Down Right NowCointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoInternational crypto exchange Bitfinex unexpectedly went offline for all users this afternoon, citing a ‘platform performance issue.’ Bitfinex has been offline for at least two…
- Yam Suffers Technical Outage Following Scam AccusationsCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoYam Finance uncovered a bug the day after ShapeShift CEO Erik Voorhees called the project a scam. Yam finance (YAM), the latest fad in the…
- Malaysian Crypto Miners Were Caught Stealing Electricity From the StateCointelegraph.com News - 14 hours agoThey thought they had it made, but the Malaysian authorities were one step ahead. Malaysian police arrested four cryptocurrency mining operators after discovering that they…
- Peter Brandt’s Tether Warning Is Ominous, But UnclearCointelegraph.com News - 14 hours agoPeter Brandt didn’t mince his words when describing the controversial stablecoin. “Tether is an accident waiting to happen,” Brandt tweeted on Aug. 10, in response…