What is Stellar (XLM)?
Stellar is a public blockchain platform that uses the Stellar consensus protocol (SCP). The node that finds next valid block is chosen by federated byzantine agreement. This makes the blockchain centralized permission based, as opposed to decentralized blockchains like Bitcoin or Ethereum. Stellar is a community driven open source project launched in November 2014 and written on C++. It is maintained and supervised by non-profit organisation Stellar.org.
Stellar is mainly used by Money transfer companies like Tempo, Eurochange and TransferTo and mobile financial services providers like Coins.ph.
- Historical Data
- The city of Philadelphia rolls out its own blockchain initiativeCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoCity official said they are seeking comments from crypto innovators on how to integrate blockchain within the municipal government. City of Philadelphia Chief Innovation Officer…
- Bitcoin price briefly hits $69K ATH before plummeting back to EarthCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoBTC hit a new all-time high! It didn't last long, however… Bitcoin price hit another all-time high at $69,000 as Ether continued its long slog…
- Landry’s Restaurant Group to introduce Bitcoin loyalty programCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoLandry’s Select Club members will be able to earn Bitcoin-centric rewards points at 500 restaurant locations around the United States. Landry’s Restaurant Group announced a…
- Influx of crypto miners to Kazakhstan reportedly strains energy supplyCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoAccording to the country's vice minister of energy, addressing the potential strain on Kazakhstan’s power grid from crypto miners “cannot be delayed any longer.” Now…
- Fresh Bitcoin price highs put bulls in profit for Friday’s $1.2B BTC options expiryCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoBitcoin’s surge to $69,000 took bears by surprise and cemented bulls expected $400 million profit at Friday’s $1.2 billion options expiry. Every time a new…