What is Stellar (XLM)?
Stellar is a public blockchain platform that uses the Stellar consensus protocol (SCP). The node that finds next valid block is chosen by federated byzantine agreement. This makes the blockchain centralized permission based, as opposed to decentralized blockchains like Bitcoin or Ethereum. Stellar is a community driven open source project launched in November 2014 and written on C++. It is maintained and supervised by non-profit organisation Stellar.org.
Stellar is mainly used by Money transfer companies like Tempo, Eurochange and TransferTo and mobile financial services providers like Coins.ph.
- Historical Data
- Bitcoin Strategy ProFund aims to tackle regulatory barriers for investorsCointelegraph.com News - 54 minutes agoMutual funds provider ProFund aims to enable crypto exposure for investors without actually buying Bitcoin. The United States-based investment management firm ProFunds announced the launch…
- Solana based cross-chain exchange Saber raises $7.7M to expand team and tokensCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoSaber has raised $7.7 million in a seeding fund round, and is rated as the second platform on Solana in terms of total locked value…
- Nano seeks $700K in costs from plaintiff who dropped class action with 'absurd' claimsCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoThe ongoing Nano saga has taken another twist with a token holder dropping his case. An ongoing lawsuit involving crypto project Nano has taken another…
- Senators add crypto taxes to infrastructure deal to raise $28B in extra revenueCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoU.S. lawmakers believe they can find $28 billion worth of infrastructure funding by expanding taxation on crypto transactions. Last-minute additions to the bipartisan infrastructure deal…
- Erik Voorhees lashes ‘disgusting’ behavior of Bitcoin maxis: ‘Not the community I come from’Cointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoErik Voorhees is embarrassed by toxic Bitcoin maxis and told a podcast: “I don't know when they got into Bitcoin, but absolutely that is not…