What is Stellar (XLM)?
Stellar is a public blockchain platform that uses the Stellar consensus protocol (SCP). The node that finds next valid block is chosen by federated byzantine agreement. This makes the blockchain centralized permission based, as opposed to decentralized blockchains like Bitcoin or Ethereum. Stellar is a community driven open source project launched in November 2014 and written on C++. It is maintained and supervised by non-profit organisation Stellar.org.
Stellar is mainly used by Money transfer companies like Tempo, Eurochange and TransferTo and mobile financial services providers like Coins.ph.
- Historical Data
- Ransomware Attacks Are Exploding in the Education SectorCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoA Verizon report highlights the growing number of ransomware attacks across educational services. Educational services across the globe have been witnessing a surge in ransomware…
- Ahead of Ethereum 2.0 Launch, 3 Key Metrics Point to ETH Price SurgeCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoWhile Ethereum 2.0 is still not set in stone, three key metrics show us that users and investors are optimistic about the price of ETH.…
- Price Analysis 5/25: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, BSV, LTC, BNB, EOS, XTZ, ADACointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoSeveral major cryptocurrencies have turned down from their resistance levels, hinting that further downside could occur in the short-term. Bitcoin (BTC) has neither run away…
- Tether Unseats XRP As Third-Largest Crypto, Dwarfing Its Volume 25:1Cointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoThe race for third place is still far from over. Tether (USDT) has overtaken XRP to become the third largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization, as…
- Libra Exec Hirings Suggest Commitment to Anti-Crypto RegulationsCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoExperts believe that Libra’s hiring spree signifies a willingness to comply with existing legal and financial guidelines. Following a big-time update to its white paper…