What is Litecoin (LTC)?
Litecoin (LTC) claimed the status of silver (compared to Bitcoin's gold status). It works very similar to Bitcoin and differs mainly in parameters such as hashing algorithm (scrypt), coin supply limit (84 million) and average blocktime(2.5 minutes).
Litecoin was launched in 2011 by former Google engineer Charlie Lee, in order to enable CPU mining at a time when GPUs took over as Bitcoin's primary mining driver. However people later managed to port Scrypt over to GPU as well as ASICs, yet tecoin has still managed to remain mostly in top 10 cyptocurrency list (ordered by market capitalization).
- Historical Data
- Bitcoin Strategy ProFund aims to tackle regulatory barriers for investorsCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoMutual funds provider ProFund aims to enable crypto exposure for investors without actually buying Bitcoin. The United States-based investment management firm ProFunds announced the launch…
- Solana based cross-chain exchange Saber raises $7.7M to expand team and tokensCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoSaber has raised $7.7 million in a seeding fund round, and is rated as the second platform on Solana in terms of total locked value…
- Nano seeks $700K in costs from plaintiff who dropped class action with 'absurd' claimsCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoThe ongoing Nano saga has taken another twist with a token holder dropping his case. An ongoing lawsuit involving crypto project Nano has taken another…
- Senators add crypto taxes to infrastructure deal to raise $28B in extra revenueCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoU.S. lawmakers believe they can find $28 billion worth of infrastructure funding by expanding taxation on crypto transactions. Last-minute additions to the bipartisan infrastructure deal…
- Erik Voorhees lashes ‘disgusting’ behavior of Bitcoin maxis: ‘Not the community I come from’Cointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoErik Voorhees is embarrassed by toxic Bitcoin maxis and told a podcast: “I don't know when they got into Bitcoin, but absolutely that is not…