What is Litecoin (LTC)?
Litecoin (LTC) claimed the status of silver (compared to Bitcoin's gold status). It works very similar to Bitcoin and differs mainly in parameters such as hashing algorithm (scrypt), coin supply limit (84 million) and average blocktime(2.5 minutes).
Litecoin was launched in 2011 by former Google engineer Charlie Lee, in order to enable CPU mining at a time when GPUs took over as Bitcoin's primary mining driver. However people later managed to port Scrypt over to GPU as well as ASICs, yet tecoin has still managed to remain mostly in top 10 cyptocurrency list (ordered by market capitalization).
- Historical Data
- Nifty News: Kevin Smith sells horror flick rights as NFT, Megadeth’s ETH, farming MEMEs ...Cointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoMEME NFT farming platform launches the new and improved v2, Megadeth NFT nets $18K, and Kevin Smith tokenizes the rights to “Killroy Was Here”. Filmmaker…
- Toddler hodler: 3-year-old Bitcoin educator interviews Michael SaylorCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoThree-year-old Lily Knight interviewed Michael Saylor on April 13 about his thoughts on Bitcoin and his plans for the future. Three year old Lily Knight,…
- South Korea's largest bank joins Hedera Governing CouncilCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoShinhan Bank plans to use Hedera’s infrastructure to bolster the efficiency of many of its internal processes. Shinhan Bank, South Korea’s largest financial institution by…
- Coinbase’s COIN stock reference price set at just $250, as 1,700 staff get free sharesCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoCoinbase’s reference price of $250, received ahead of the Nasdaq direct listing, values a “thank you” gift to all 1,700 full-time employees at $25,000. Major…
- Revealed: Top 4 user complaints about Signal's new crypto payments betaCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoSignal has published user feedback from its beta integration with Mobilecoin, which saw users complain about the volatility and transaction fees related to MOB. Privacy-focused…