What is EOS?
EOS is a decentralized operational system for developing and running smart contracts and decentralized applications. Those applications can run on the EOS blockchain without requiring any transaction fees. Instead, the developer needs only to stake a proportional amount of EOS tokens to host and execute applications on its blockchain. Therefore, it allows for self-sufficient application deployment. The amount of computational power one is entitled to is proportional to how many EOS tokens they’re holding and the total EOS in circulation.
Applications run smoother on EOS because of its parallel processing capability. It has a dPoS system, in which 21 elected nodes are elected as block producers. These nodes are constantly checked for availability and if they are unable to produce a block over a 24h time-span, their position is revoked.
- Historical Data
- An Official North Dakota Cryptocurrency Could Be on the HorizonCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoFollowing the early 2019 initiation of North Dakota’s deep dive into blockchain use cases, a state representative who was a leader in the study, mentioned…
- Law Decoded: Tech as an Arena for International Conflict, July 31–August 7Cointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoAs Trump clamps down on Chinese social media in the U.S., tech in general becomes subject to nationalism. Every Friday, Law Decoded delivers analysis on…
- OneCoin Co-Founder Escapes 90-Year Jail Term Following Court SettlementCointelegraph.com News - 3 hours agoKonstantin Ignatov is probably breathing a sigh of relief today. Konstantin Ignatov, co-founder of major cryptocurrency exit scam, OneCoin, initially faced up to 90 years…
- Monero’s Hashrate Experienced Its Largest Single Day Gains EverCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoMonero has experienced its biggest single day gain in hashrate since its creation back in 2014. August 6, Monero (XMR) has experienced its biggest increase…
- Price Analysis 8/7: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, BSV, LTC, ADA, LINK, BNB, CROCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoBitcoin and altcoins might consolidate or correct marginally for a few days before a possible breakout to the upside. The United States Federal Reserve has been…