What is EOS?
EOS is a decentralized operational system for developing and running smart contracts and decentralized applications. Those applications can run on the EOS blockchain without requiring any transaction fees. Instead, the developer needs only to stake a proportional amount of EOS tokens to host and execute applications on its blockchain. Therefore, it allows for self-sufficient application deployment. The amount of computational power one is entitled to is proportional to how many EOS tokens they're holding and the total EOS in circulation.
Applications run smoother on EOS because of its parallel processing capability. It has a dPoS system, in which 21 elected nodes are elected as block producers. These nodes are constantly checked for availability and if they are unable to produce a block over a 24h time-span, their position is revoked.
- Historical Data
- Nifty News: Kevin Smith sells horror flick rights as NFT, Megadeth’s ETH, farming MEMEs ...Cointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoMEME NFT farming platform launches the new and improved v2, Megadeth NFT nets $18K, and Kevin Smith tokenizes the rights to “Killroy Was Here”. Filmmaker…
- Toddler hodler: 3-year-old Bitcoin educator interviews Michael SaylorCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoThree-year-old Lily Knight interviewed Michael Saylor on April 13 about his thoughts on Bitcoin and his plans for the future. Three year old Lily Knight,…
- South Korea's largest bank joins Hedera Governing CouncilCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoShinhan Bank plans to use Hedera’s infrastructure to bolster the efficiency of many of its internal processes. Shinhan Bank, South Korea’s largest financial institution by…
- Coinbase’s COIN stock reference price set at just $250, as 1,700 staff get free sharesCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoCoinbase’s reference price of $250, received ahead of the Nasdaq direct listing, values a “thank you” gift to all 1,700 full-time employees at $25,000. Major…
- Revealed: Top 4 user complaints about Signal's new crypto payments betaCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoSignal has published user feedback from its beta integration with Mobilecoin, which saw users complain about the volatility and transaction fees related to MOB. Privacy-focused…