What is EOS?
EOS is a decentralized operational system for developing and running smart contracts and decentralized applications. Those applications can run on the EOS blockchain without requiring any transaction fees. Instead, the developer needs only to stake a proportional amount of EOS tokens to host and execute applications on its blockchain. Therefore, it allows for self-sufficient application deployment. The amount of computational power one is entitled to is proportional to how many EOS tokens they’re holding and the total EOS in circulation.
Applications run smoother on EOS because of its parallel processing capability. It has a dPoS system, in which 21 elected nodes are elected as block producers. These nodes are constantly checked for availability and if they are unable to produce a block over a 24h time-span, their position is revoked.
- Historical Data
- Ransomware Attacks Are Exploding in the Education SectorCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoA Verizon report highlights the growing number of ransomware attacks across educational services. Educational services across the globe have been witnessing a surge in ransomware…
- Ahead of Ethereum 2.0 Launch, 3 Key Metrics Point to ETH Price SurgeCointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoWhile Ethereum 2.0 is still not set in stone, three key metrics show us that users and investors are optimistic about the price of ETH.…
- Price Analysis 5/25: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, BSV, LTC, BNB, EOS, XTZ, ADACointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoSeveral major cryptocurrencies have turned down from their resistance levels, hinting that further downside could occur in the short-term. Bitcoin (BTC) has neither run away…
- Tether Unseats XRP As Third-Largest Crypto, Dwarfing Its Volume 25:1Cointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoThe race for third place is still far from over. Tether (USDT) has overtaken XRP to become the third largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization, as…
- Libra Exec Hirings Suggest Commitment to Anti-Crypto RegulationsCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoExperts believe that Libra’s hiring spree signifies a willingness to comply with existing legal and financial guidelines. Following a big-time update to its white paper…