What is EOS?
EOS is a decentralized operational system for developing and running smart contracts and decentralized applications. Those applications can run on the EOS blockchain without requiring any transaction fees. Instead, the developer needs only to stake a proportional amount of EOS tokens to host and execute applications on its blockchain. Therefore, it allows for self-sufficient application deployment. The amount of computational power one is entitled to is proportional to how many EOS tokens they're holding and the total EOS in circulation.
Applications run smoother on EOS because of its parallel processing capability. It has a dPoS system, in which 21 elected nodes are elected as block producers. These nodes are constantly checked for availability and if they are unable to produce a block over a 24h time-span, their position is revoked.
- Historical Data
- The city of Philadelphia rolls out its own blockchain initiativeCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoCity official said they are seeking comments from crypto innovators on how to integrate blockchain within the municipal government. City of Philadelphia Chief Innovation Officer…
- Bitcoin price briefly hits $69K ATH before plummeting back to EarthCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoBTC hit a new all-time high! It didn't last long, however… Bitcoin price hit another all-time high at $69,000 as Ether continued its long slog…
- Landry’s Restaurant Group to introduce Bitcoin loyalty programCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoLandry’s Select Club members will be able to earn Bitcoin-centric rewards points at 500 restaurant locations around the United States. Landry’s Restaurant Group announced a…
- Influx of crypto miners to Kazakhstan reportedly strains energy supplyCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoAccording to the country's vice minister of energy, addressing the potential strain on Kazakhstan’s power grid from crypto miners “cannot be delayed any longer.” Now…
- Fresh Bitcoin price highs put bulls in profit for Friday’s $1.2B BTC options expiryCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoBitcoin’s surge to $69,000 took bears by surprise and cemented bulls expected $400 million profit at Friday’s $1.2 billion options expiry. Every time a new…