What is Cardano (ADA)?
ADA is a crypto coin running on Cardano Settlement Layer (CSL) blockchain, the first and most secure blockchain based on Proof of stake mechanism validating the transactions. Cardano team calls their proof of stake mechanism Ouroboros. Unlike Proof of Work, where miners invest energy intensive computing power to mine each block, proof of stake chooses a random miner based on the size of the stake (value). In order to generate or mint a new block, a slot leader is chosen with a probability proportional to the amount of coins this node is carrying. So one of ADA’s advantages over Bitcoin, Ethereum and other similar cryptocurrencies is its energy-efficient proof of stake transaction validation system. ADA is flexible like Ethereum due to a second layer Cardano Computational Layer (CCL) which supports decentralized applications and smart contracts.
ADA was initially created by Input Output Hong Kong (IOHK), a blockchain development firm. The project was led by Charles Hoskinson who was a former co-founder of Ethereum, Etereum classic and Bitshares. Presently the ADA team consist of three organizations i.e. Cardano foundation, IOHK, and Emurgo.
The major use of Cardano is the transfer of value. Future development of applications on CCL layer can provide the easy and economical payment solution to service providers such as Uber, Upwork, and alike.
- Historical Data
- New Huawei smartphone will feature a hardware wallet for digital yuanCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoThe Mate40 series will reportedly enable dual offline transactions and allow users to control anonymity. Huawei has announced that its forthcoming Mate40 smartphone series will…
- Bitcoin just 4 days away from historically bullish $10K price recordCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoIf Bitcoin can stay above $10,000 by the day of the U.S. elections, history suggests that $100,000 is next. Bitcoin (BTC) has spent nearly 100…
- Blockchain could become a part of the US military’s strategic weaponryCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoSIMBA Chain beat competitors such as Boeing by using blockchain to underpin a war games solution for the U.S. Department of Defense. One often hears…
- Bitcoin suddenly slides 4% as BofA predicts a 20% stock market crashCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoThe price of Bitcoin abruptly dropped 4% from the day’s peak as the uncertainty in the stock market intensified. The price of Bitcoin (BTC) abruptly…
- Nearly 24% of Ether held on exchanges — three times the percentage of BitcoinCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoOnly 8.1% of Bitcoin is held on exchanges compared to Ether where almost one-quarter of the supply sits on exchanges. Almost one-quarter of Ethereum’s (ETH)…