What is Bitcoin Cash (BCH)?
BitCoin Cash is a cryptocurrency resulting from a hard fork from Bitcoin in August 2017.
It was forked just before Bitcoin had implemented SegWit, so, unlike Bitcoin, BCH doesn't include this feature. It has a block size limit of 8 MB, in contrast to Bitcoin's 1 MB. This allows for a much higher transaction throughput, i.e. 61 transactions per second, while Bitcoin is limited to 7. Also Bitcoin Cash's algorithm adjusts its difficulty every 6 blocks instead of 2016 blocks (Bitcoin).
In ice, transaction fees are also significantly lower in BCH than in BTC.
Bitcoin Cash Calculator
- Historical Data
- Stake or DApp? With liquid staking, you don’t have to chooseCointelegraph.com News - 4 hours agoImplementation of liquid staking addresses worrisome price fluctuations and helps users to generate higher rewards by combining staking payouts and DApp yield. Last summer, Polkadot…
- 20% drop in the S&P 500 puts stocks in a bear market, Bitcoin and altcoins followCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoRecession fears mount as a 20% decline in the S&P 500 places stock in a bear market, increasing the chance that BTC and altcoins will…
- OpenSea launches 'Seaport' marketplace protocol allowing NFT barteringCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours ago“OpenSea does not control or operate the Seaport protocol — we will be just one, among many, building on top of this shared protocol,” said…
- Florida Rep. Donalds introduces Financial Freedom Act companion bill in the HouseCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoThe Republican congressman is supporting Sen. Tommy Tuberville’s Senate bill and financial services companies that want to include crypto in their 401(k) product offerings. Rep.…
- FCA will 'absolutely' consider recent stablecoin depegging when drafting crypto rules: ReportCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoThe United Kingdom's Economic and Finance Ministry announced in April that it would work to incorporate stablecoins into a regulatory framework on digital assets. Sarah…