What is Bitcoin Cash (BCH)?
BitCoin Cash is a cryptocurrency resulting from a hard fork from Bitcoin in August 2017.
It was forked just before Bitcoin had implemented SegWit, so, unlike Bitcoin, BCH doesn't include this feature. It has a block size limit of 8 MB, in contrast to Bitcoin's 1 MB. This allows for a much higher transaction throughput, i.e. 61 transactions per second, while Bitcoin is limited to 7. Also Bitcoin Cash's algorithm adjusts its difficulty every 6 blocks instead of 2016 blocks (Bitcoin).
In ice, transaction fees are also significantly lower in BCH than in BTC.
Bitcoin Cash Calculator
- Historical Data
- 'DeFi Education Fund' defends controversial $10.2M UNI liquidationCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoThe DeFi Education Fund has defended its shock liquidation of $10 million in UNI, claiming the move was necessary to “begin its work and fund…
- NFL’s Saquon Barkley converting endorsements to BTC to create ‘generational wealth’Cointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoSaquon Barkley will use Strike to convert all of his endorsements into Bitcoin, and noted that he became interested in BTC after researching inflation. NFL…
- Green BTC miner Bitfarms’ production up 50% after China ban, as Compass goes nuclearCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoBitfarms is producing more BTC at a lower cost due to the drop in difficulty. Publicly traded North American Bitcoin mining company, Bitfarms, has doubled…
- SEC fines Coinschedule $200K over sponsored, favorable ICO ratingsCointelegraph.com News - 14 hours agoThe SEC asserts that Coinschedule violated anti-touting provisions of U.S. securities laws. The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has settled charges against the defunct initial…
- First look: Spike Lee's TV ad for crypto touts it as new money for a diverse worldCointelegraph.com News - 15 hours agoCoin Cloud chose Spike Lee to direct the crypto commercial specifically for his experience in exploring social issues, and the firm noted they wanted to…