What is Bitcoin Cash (BCH)?
BitCoin Cash is a cryptocurrency resulting from a hard fork from Bitcoin in August 2017.
It was forked just before Bitcoin had implemented SegWit, so, unlike Bitcoin, BCH doesn’t include this feature. It has a block size limit of 8 MB, in contrast to Bitcoin’s 1 MB. This allows for a much higher transaction throughput, i.e. 61 transactions per second, while Bitcoin is limited to 7. Also Bitcoin Cash’s algorithm adjusts its difficulty every 6 blocks instead of 2016 blocks (Bitcoin).
In ice, transaction fees are also significantly lower in BCH than in BTC.
Bitcoin Cash Calculator
- Historical Data
- Ripple Aims to Become the Amazon of the Cryptocurrency WorldCointelegraph.com News - 10 minutes agoRipple is working to explore new use cases for its blockchain network. The much-debated blockchain firm Ripple is now planning to expand its use case…
- YAM Token Holders ‘Burnt the Hardest’ After Price Plunges to ZeroCointelegraph.com News - 15 minutes agoYam Finance, an experimental DeFi protocol, crashed to zero after the discovery of a rebase bug. Compound, Yearn Finance, and Balancer plunged shortly thereafter. Yam…
- Ireland Will Transpose Latest EU Anti-Money Laundering Rules Into National LawCointelegraph.com News - 1 hour agoIrish crypto firms will face stricter obligations after the country belatedly adopts the latest EU anti-money-laundering rules. Cryptocurrency firms in Ireland will soon be regulated…
- New Bill in Germany Proposes to Digitize Securities With BlockchainCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoThe arrival of digitized securities is one of the core aspects of the federal government’s blockchain strategy, German authorities say. Federal regulators in Germany are…
- Rebase Bug Permanently Breaks Yam GovernanceCointelegraph.com News - 2 hours agoUnaudited contracts resulted in its death after all. A bug in the hastily-developed contracts for Yam Finance resulted in the governance contracts being “permanently broken”…