What is Bitcoin Cash (BCH)?
BitCoin Cash is a cryptocurrency resulting from a hard fork from Bitcoin in August 2017.
It was forked just before Bitcoin had implemented SegWit, so, unlike Bitcoin, BCH doesn't include this feature. It has a block size limit of 8 MB, in contrast to Bitcoin's 1 MB. This allows for a much higher transaction throughput, i.e. 61 transactions per second, while Bitcoin is limited to 7. Also Bitcoin Cash's algorithm adjusts its difficulty every 6 blocks instead of 2016 blocks (Bitcoin).
In ice, transaction fees are also significantly lower in BCH than in BTC.
Bitcoin Cash Calculator
- Historical Data
- Nifty News: Kevin Smith sells horror flick rights as NFT, Megadeth’s ETH, farming MEMEs ...Cointelegraph.com News - 5 hours agoMEME NFT farming platform launches the new and improved v2, Megadeth NFT nets $18K, and Kevin Smith tokenizes the rights to “Killroy Was Here”. Filmmaker…
- Toddler hodler: 3-year-old Bitcoin educator interviews Michael SaylorCointelegraph.com News - 6 hours agoThree-year-old Lily Knight interviewed Michael Saylor on April 13 about his thoughts on Bitcoin and his plans for the future. Three year old Lily Knight,…
- South Korea's largest bank joins Hedera Governing CouncilCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoShinhan Bank plans to use Hedera’s infrastructure to bolster the efficiency of many of its internal processes. Shinhan Bank, South Korea’s largest financial institution by…
- Coinbase’s COIN stock reference price set at just $250, as 1,700 staff get free sharesCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoCoinbase’s reference price of $250, received ahead of the Nasdaq direct listing, values a “thank you” gift to all 1,700 full-time employees at $25,000. Major…
- Revealed: Top 4 user complaints about Signal's new crypto payments betaCointelegraph.com News - 7 hours agoSignal has published user feedback from its beta integration with Mobilecoin, which saw users complain about the volatility and transaction fees related to MOB. Privacy-focused…