What is Bitcoin Cash (BCH)?
BitCoin Cash is a cryptocurrency resulting from a hard fork from Bitcoin in August 2017.
It was forked just before Bitcoin had implemented SegWit, so, unlike Bitcoin, BCH doesn't include this feature. It has a block size limit of 8 MB, in contrast to Bitcoin's 1 MB. This allows for a much higher transaction throughput, i.e. 61 transactions per second, while Bitcoin is limited to 7. Also Bitcoin Cash's algorithm adjusts its difficulty every 6 blocks instead of 2016 blocks (Bitcoin).
In ice, transaction fees are also significantly lower in BCH than in BTC.
Bitcoin Cash Calculator
- Historical Data
- The city of Philadelphia rolls out its own blockchain initiativeCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoCity official said they are seeking comments from crypto innovators on how to integrate blockchain within the municipal government. City of Philadelphia Chief Innovation Officer…
- Bitcoin price briefly hits $69K ATH before plummeting back to EarthCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoBTC hit a new all-time high! It didn't last long, however… Bitcoin price hit another all-time high at $69,000 as Ether continued its long slog…
- Landry’s Restaurant Group to introduce Bitcoin loyalty programCointelegraph.com News - 8 hours agoLandry’s Select Club members will be able to earn Bitcoin-centric rewards points at 500 restaurant locations around the United States. Landry’s Restaurant Group announced a…
- Influx of crypto miners to Kazakhstan reportedly strains energy supplyCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoAccording to the country's vice minister of energy, addressing the potential strain on Kazakhstan’s power grid from crypto miners “cannot be delayed any longer.” Now…
- Fresh Bitcoin price highs put bulls in profit for Friday’s $1.2B BTC options expiryCointelegraph.com News - 9 hours agoBitcoin’s surge to $69,000 took bears by surprise and cemented bulls expected $400 million profit at Friday’s $1.2 billion options expiry. Every time a new…