What is Bitcoin Cash (BCH)?
BitCoin Cash is a cryptocurrency resulting from a hard fork from Bitcoin in August 2017.
It was forked just before Bitcoin had implemented SegWit, so, unlike Bitcoin, BCH doesn’t include this feature. It has a block size limit of 8 MB, in contrast to Bitcoin’s 1 MB. This allows for a much higher transaction throughput, i.e. 61 transactions per second, while Bitcoin is limited to 7. Also Bitcoin Cash’s algorithm adjusts its difficulty every 6 blocks instead of 2016 blocks (Bitcoin).
In ice, transaction fees are also significantly lower in BCH than in BTC.
Bitcoin Cash Calculator
- Historical Data
- Blockchain to Play Crucial Role in VR-Powered Social MediaCointelegraph.com News - 10 hours agoBlockchain and VR-powered social media platform Sensorium has joined the Global Blockchain Business Council. Virtual reality media platform, Sensorium, has announced its membership in the…
- Africa Is Experiencing a Crypto RenaissanceCointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoCrypto adoption appears to be growing across the continent of Africa. Crypto adoption is making significant advances in Africa, with crypto ownership, trade volume, and…
- BTC Dreads Weekly Close, Satoshi Mystery, A Big Blunder: Hodler’s Digest, May 18–24Cointelegraph.com News - 11 hours agoBitcoin faces a crucial weekly close, the mystery of coins moved for the first time in 11 years, and Times Square billboards call for the…
- China’s Congress Proposes Blockchain Development FundCointelegraph.com News - 12 hours agoNPC, China’s parliament suggests a government backed blockchain development fund to build a better governance system. National People’s Congress, China’s parliament and Chinese People’s Political…
- Bitcoin Price Drops to $8,840 — Key Metrics Signal BTC May Correct FurtherCointelegraph.com News - 13 hours agoAs the weekly close approaches, Bitcoin price dropped out of the ascending channel to $8,840, marking six consecutive lower highs since June 2019. Within the…